Warning: include(/home2/racer450/public_html/header.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/racer450/public_html/issue_05_09/2006450r.php on line 20
Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home2/racer450/public_html/header.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/racer450/public_html/issue_05_09/2006450r.php on line 20
2006 Honda TRX450R- Features
For 2006, the TRX450R is an all-new machine from the ground up, and features more power, sharper handling and an electric start option.
Features & Benefits
New for 2006
- All-new engine is closely related to the CRF(R)450R and CRF450X.
- Electric starter available for easy starting in all conditions.
- Maximum engine rpm is 9850.
- New 40mm Keihin FCR-type carburetor for improved engine response.
- Forged slipper piston is lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
- Compression ratio increased from 10.5:1 to 12.0:1.
- New transmission ratios designed for racing applications and trail use.
- Longer swingarm and new linkage ratio for improved turning.
- New A-arms, knuckles and spindles for improved turning.
- Stronger hubs provide improved rigidity.
- 8mm lower riding position for lower center-of-gravity, improved handling and rider feel.
- Front suspension is lighter and features a new spring for improved bump absorption.
- Rear suspension is lighter for improved handling and travel has been increased from 9.0 inches to 9.3 inches.
- New airbox for improved airflow and increased power.
- Air filter is 1.4 times larger than previous unit for improved airflow and power.
- New exhaust system and free-flowing muffler increase performance while maintaining low noise levels.
- New cylinder head porting features improved flow for maximum performance.
- Lighter radiator features revised fin pitch for increased airflow.
- New headlight shape for race-derived look.
- Powerful four-stroke 450cc liquid-cooled four-valve Unicam(R) engine is based on the award-winning CRF450R motocross and CRF450X off-road engines.
- Compact, lightweight engine designed specifically for ATV usage is worthy of its CRF heritage.
- Unicam valve train provides the light weight of a compact single-cam drive and the optimum combustion chamber shape for maximum power at all engine rpm.
- Unicam valve train features a carburized single camshaft that directly actuates two 36mm titanium intake valves. The camshaft exhaust lobe actuates two 30mm steel exhaust valves via a forked, low-friction roller rocker-arm.
- Electric start version features an electric starter that drives the clutch side of the crankshaft to provide superior lubrication of starter gears, and produce a narrow engine with a short, strong crankshaft.
- Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompressor provides superb cold-starting and hot-starting operation.
- Kickstart version incorporates ATV-type forward kickstarting for ease of starting and light weight.
- Crankshaft is made of high-strength, low-carbon steel with carburized main journals for maximum durability at sustained high-rpm operation.
- Cylinder head cover is made of magnesium to reduce engine weight.
- Forged three ring 12.0:1 compression slipper piston is lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
- Double-carburized connecting rod utilizes a big-end needle bearing for maximum high-rpm performance and durability.
- Nikasil cylinder lining is lightweight and provides cooler and quieter operation for extended engine life.
- Press-fitted steel spark plug pipe fits between forked exhaust rocker arms, further contributing to compact cylinder head design.
- 40mm Keihin FCR-type carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in very light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
- Carburetor features a throttle position sensor (TPS) that helps maintain linear response throughout the rpm range.
- Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination to the engine oil, and reduces the amount of circulating oil and the required size of the oil pump.
- Vertically split crankcases feature a built-in oil pump, reducing weight compared to a conventional design.
- Left side countershaft bearing and axle carrier feature double-row bearings for added durability.
- Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless steel header and muffler.
- Radiator is lighter weight and has revised fin pitch for improved air flow in all riding conditions.
- Compact, flat radiator fan is lightweight and provides efficient cooling.
- Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. Eight clutch plates provide the surface area necessary to handle the engine's massive torque.
- Durable five-speed transmission with all-new lower ratios designed to match new engine power characteristics.
- New rider's position features 8mm lower handlebar, seat and footpegs for improved center of gravity and rider feel.
- Round-tube steel frame with removable aluminum subframe is lightweight and durable.
- One-piece cast aluminum swingarm for light weight, maximum strength and durability.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension with fully adjustable Showa shocks provides 8.4 inches of travel, and features rear-facing reservoirs for increased durability.
- Pro-Link(R) rear suspension with fully adjustable Showa piggyback shock provides 9.3 inches of travel.
- Dual 174mm front disc brakes with twin-piston calipers and new high-pressure front brake lines provide excellent stopping power.
- 190mm rear disc and beefy single-piston caliper provide improved stopping power and increased ground clearance.
- Aluminum brake calipers and brackets front and rear reduce weight.
- Removable aluminum rear grabrail and front bumper for reduced weight.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for outstanding handling.
- Dunlop radial tires provide superb traction and cornering ability.
- Durable and lightweight O-ring-sealed drive chain.
- Throttle lever and carburetor feature full-closed detection system.
- Engine design meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Convenient oil-level window allows for at-a-glance oil check.
- Long, narrow seat is designed for superior comfort and performance in all operating conditions. Saddle is also easy to remove for convenient access to the air filter.
- Adjustable dual headlights with 30-watt bulbs and improved reflectors for excellent visibility and distinctive appearance.
- Pivot-access brake calipers for easy pad replacement.
- Engine cases protected by high-impact plastic skidplate.
- LED tail/brake light for light weight and aggressive appearance.
- CRF-style clutch and front brake lever.
- Wide footpegs for improved rider control.
- Aluminum shift and brake pedals.
- CRF-type handlebar grips.
- Honda Racing-inspired colors and graphics.
- Optional HRC Racing Kit available.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Warning: include(/home2/racer450/public_html/footer.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/racer450/public_html/issue_05_09/2006450r.php on line 139
Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home2/racer450/public_html/footer.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/racer450/public_html/issue_05_09/2006450r.php on line 139