Warning: include(/home2/racer450/public_html/header.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/racer450/public_html/issue_05_09/2006yfz.php on line 20
Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home2/racer450/public_html/header.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/racer450/public_html/issue_05_09/2006yfz.php on line 20
2006 Yamaha YFZ 450 Heads Up
Yamaha has shown the world something this year, not only are they series about building high performance ATVs – They want to be the best. With modifications throughout the entire machine Yamaha is striving for perfection. We say “good job and keep it coming”.
- In honor of our favorite multi-time GNCC Champion, the Bill Ballance Edition YFZ450 includes a Bill Ballance Front Grab Bar, GYTR Nerf Bars and Signature Graphics Package.
- Most powerful, industry-exclusive, five-titanium-valve engine and 350-pound dry weight give the YFZ450 the best power-to-weight ratio of any ATV ever produced.
- California green sticker compliant.
- Ultra-compact, lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with fully adjustable suspension.
- YFZ450 is also the best handling race-bred ATV ever produced.
- The YFZ450 comes standard with pushbutton electric starting, a convenient flip-type parking brake and suspension calibrated for performance.
- A longer steering stem, new handlebars, a thicker seat and longer-travel rear suspension make riding hard not all that hard at all.
New for 2006:
- Even more performance: a larger, more powerful, 449cc engine, revised carburetion, head design and ignition timing produce even more of an excellent thing—and an increased-capacity radiator keeps it cool.
- New, titanium heat shield is super light and strong.
- New larger-capacity radiator is optimally mounted in the frame to guard against damage.
- More comfort: a longer steering stem, new handlebars and a thicker seat make the YFZ450 nice to ride for a long time.
- Longer travel out back means an excellent ride and handling.
- Aluminum grab bars are light and strong.
- New, eccentric chain adjuster mechanism simplifies that job, and a new, twin-piston rear brake caliper provides strong, controllable rear braking.
- New tires provide excellent traction, handling and ride quality.
- New LED taillight is bright, tough and draws less current.
Chassis/Suspension:Independent aluminum upper A-arm front suspension features fully adjustable competition-spec Kayaba piggyback shocks with 9.1 inches of travel and separate adjusters for preload, rebound and compression damping. New rear suspension system is YZ linkage-type, controlled by a fully adjustable Showa shock with 10.6 inches of travel and separate adjusters for preload, rebound and compression damping. Ultra-rigid cast aluminum swingarm reduces weight and ensures optimal suspension action.Numerous aluminum components—including the swingarm, upper A-arms, oil tank and wheels—help keep overall dry weight down to a paltry 350 pounds.Controlled Fill cast aluminum subframe is light and super-strong.Lightweight front and rear master cylinders, combined with twin 160mm front discs with twin-piston calipers and single 200mm rear disc, deliver incredible stopping power with progressive control and feel. New high-performance 21 x 7R-10 front and 20 x 10R-9 rear Dunlop radials, designed specifically for the YFZ450, deliver superb, class-leading traction.Long, low and narrow YZ-style seat enhances the quick, balanced steering and optimal rider movement.
- Rugged 45mm-wide serrated footrests provide excellent grip and rider comfort.
- Large-capacity, 2.6 gallon fuel tank ensures excellent range.
- Dual 30-watt multireflector halogen headlights set back in the front cowl add the perfect menacing appearance. Taillight has an incorporated brake light for added convenience.
- Easy-to-use, toggle link-type handlebar-mounted parking brake can be set with one hand.
Warning: include(/home2/racer450/public_html/footer.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/racer450/public_html/issue_05_09/2006yfz.php on line 81
Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home2/racer450/public_html/footer.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/racer450/public_html/issue_05_09/2006yfz.php on line 81