- The lightest, most powerful ATV ever, winner of just about every magazine shootout, 2004/2006 GNCC and Quadcross Championships, 2005/2006 World Four-Stroke Champion and ATV Illustrated’s 2007 Sport ATV of the Year (a tie with our own Raptor 700R).
- Most powerful, industry-exclusive, five-titanium-valve engine and 350-pound dry weight give the YFZ450 the best power-to-weight ratio of any ATV ever produced.
- Ultra-compact, lightweight, high-tensile steel frame with fully adjustable suspension means YFZ450 is also the best handling race-bred ATV ever produced.
- The YFZ450 comes standard with pushbutton electric starting, a convenient flip-type parking brake and suspension calibrated for performance.
- 449cc liquid-cooled, DOHC four-stroke with five titanium valves features 95mm bore and 63.4mm stroke for massive power with high over-rev capacity and crisp, linear throttle response.
- Large-capacity radiator is optimally mounted in the frame to guard against damage.
- Reliable, pushbutton electric start in any gear adds extra convenience.
- High-performance 39mm Keihin FCR flat-slide carburetor with throttle position sensor (TPS) delivers ultra-precise fuel/air mixing and crisp throttle response.
- Additional weight-saving engine features include: magnesium cylinder head cover and right-side crankcase cover; small-design cam chain tensioner and oil pump; aluminum oil hose; and light CDI ignition unit.
- Trick, works-style clutch lever features oversize barrel adjuster for easy, no-tool adjustability of lever/cable play.
- Dry-sump engine carries oil in an aluminum tank directly in front of the engine for excellent cooling and optimal protection from rocks or mud.
- DC ignition system delivers ultra-precise spark and 3D timing for faster, stronger engine response during hard acceleration.
- High-performance stainless steel exhaust header is mated to a USFS-approved spark arrestor.
- Smooth-shifting YZ-spec ratchet-type five-speed transmission and heavy-duty clutch deliver all that power to the rear tires with maximum efficiency.
- Large capacity airbox features no-tool access to the oiled dual foam filter for easy maintenance.
- Ignition coil is integrated into the spark plug cap; extremely light and compact.
- Independent aluminum upper A-arm front suspension features competition-spec piggyback shocks with 9.1 inches of travel and adjustable preload, rebound and high- and low-speed compression damping.
- Rear suspension system is YZ linkage-type, controlled by a
fully adjustable Showa shock with 10.6 inches of travel with adjustable preload, rebound and high- and low-speed
- Ultra-rigid cast aluminum swingarm reduces weight and ensures optimal suspension action.
- Titanium heat shield is super light and strong.
- Long travel out back means an excellent ride and handling.
- Eccentric chain adjuster mechanism simplifies that job, and a twin-piston rear brake caliper provides strong, controllable rear braking.
- Numerous aluminum components—including the swingarm,
upper A-arms, oil tank, grab bars and wheels—help keep overall dry weight down to a paltry 350 pounds.
- Controlled Fill cast aluminum subframe is light and super-strong.
- Lightweight front and rear master cylinders, combined with twin 161mm front discs with twin-piston calipers and single 200mm rear disc, deliver incredible stopping power with progressive control and feel.
- High-performance 21x7R-10 front and 20x10R-9 rear Dunlop radials, designed specifically for the YFZ450, deliver superb, class-leading traction.
- Long, low and narrow YZ-style seat enhances the quick, balanced steering and optimal rider movement.
- Rugged 45mm-wide serrated footrests provide excellent grip and rider comfort.
- ProTaper aluminum handlebar is light, strong and comfortable.
- Large-capacity, 2.6 gallon fuel tank ensures excellent range.
- Dual 30-watt multi-reflector Krypton headlights set back in the front cowl add the perfect menacing appearance. LED taillight is tough, draws less current and has an incorporated brake light for added convenience.
- Easy-to-use, toggle link-type handlebar-mounted parking brake can be set with one hand.